You can apply for the Russian police clearance certificate in person during a vist to the Consulate or authorize someone to do this with a power of attorney.
Appointment is not required.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The documents needed are as follows:
1) A completed application form.
2) A passport and its copy.
3) A copy of a document bearing the applicant's name in Russian (Russian visa, diploma, marriage certificate etc) or the translation of the passport into Russian.
4) A power of attorney for applicants requesting this document for other individuals.
5) If the police clearance certificate concerns minors under 18 - a copy of the document that confirms family ties or legal representation between the applicant and the child.
6) A prepaid envelope (in the case you would like to receive the certificate by post).
No fee applies.
The certificate is normally issued in English. In the case you need the certificate in French, kindly mention this beforehand.