A study visa can be single-entry or double-entry for the maximum period of 3 months or multiple-entry for the maximum period of 3 years (continuous stay).
In order to submit visa documents to the Consulate an applicant must have an electronic appointment.
- An official invitation issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs or Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia (an original paperback invitation, copy of an electronic invitation or telex number).
- A completed online, printed and signed application form (the “Consulate General of Russia” must be selected as the destination for submitting visa documents).
- A passport with at least two empty pages. The passport should expire no sooner than six months after the exit day of the intended stay in Russia.
- A copy of the information page of the passport with personal information and the applicant’s photo).
- HIV test certificate made no more than 90 days before applying for the visa.
- A colored photo of the applicant with a white background (35 mm x 45 mm) taken within the last six months (without glasses and head covering, unless it is used because of religious beliefs or ethnic background).
- For non-Canadian citizens – a copy of a document that confirms their status or residency in Canada (permanent resident card or work and study permits).
- Citizens of the EU (schengen area) and China are also required to provide a copy of a travel insurance policy that is valid during their entire stay in Russia.
- Payment. A money-order made out to “Consulate General of Russia”. The Consulate does not accept cash, credit cards and etc. as valid forms of payment.
Visa fees for citizens of Canada (and countries that do not have bilateral visa agreements with the Russian Federation):
express (1-3 days)
Regular (4-20 days)
Please note that for citizens of the EU the cost of an express study visa is 224 CAD, regular - 112 CAD.