A business visa can be single-entry or double-entry for the maximum period of 3 months or multiple-entry for 1 year. US citizens can request 3 year multiple-entry visas. Citizens of the EU (schengen area) and Japan can request 5 year multiple-entry visas.
A multiple-entry visa allows foreign nationals to visit Russia several times during the validity of the visa. However, the amount of days spent in the Russian Federation adds up and this sum must not be greater than 90 days during each period of 180 days of the validity of the visa. This means that a foreign citizen, who has already spent 90 days in Russia, can again visit the Russian Federation once the 180 day period (starting from the first day of entry in this period) has ended.
In order to submit visa documents to the Consulate an applicant must have an electronic appointment.
- An official invitation issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs or Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia (an original paperback invitation, copy of an electronic invitation or telex number). For citizens of the EU, US, China and Japan – an invitation from a Russian company, written on its official letterhead with the organizations tax reference number «ИНН».
- A completed online, printed and signed application form (the “Consulate General of Russia” must be selected as the destination for submitting visa documents).
- A passport with at least two empty pages. The passport should expire no sooner than six months after the exit day of the intended stay in Russia.
- A copy of the information page of the passport with personal information and the applicant’s photo.
- A colored photo of the applicant with a white background (35 mm x 45 mm) taken within the last six months (without glasses and head covering, unless it is used because of religious beliefs or ethnic background).
- For non-Canadian citizens – a copy of a document that confirms their status or residency in Canada (permanent resident card or work and study permits).
- Citizens of the EU (schengen area) and China are also required to provide a copy of a travel insurance policy that is valid during their entire stay in Russia.
- Payment. A money-order made out to “Consulate General of Russia”. The Consulate does not accept cash, credit cards and etc. as valid forms of payment.
Visa fees for citizens of Canada (and countries that do not have bilateral visa agreements with the Russian Federation):
express (1-3 days)
Regular (4-20 days)